Monday, April 9, 2007


We made it to the aeropuerto! (sorry, wrong trip). After a minor delay on the Baltimore beltway the remainder of our trip to Dulles (IAD) was uneventful and smooth sailing (uneventful does not include the various outburst of tears from our wonderful drivers and hosts - Sally, Eileen & Megan - of course it should be known that Dave led the chorus with all the outbursts).

Above is a photo of us waiting for our flight to Frankfurt (FRA). At the risk of blogging a blow-by-blow description of our waiting I will close now. However, with 2 more hours to go until our departure we may post again. I know, I know - you're all saying to yourselves "I can't wait until we get another post of Amy & Dave waiting at the Frankfurt airport for their flight to Almaty" - well, you'll just have to wait.

Alright, enough for now as we are both reminded of a scene from Leonardo DiCaprio's movie "Catch Me If You Can" by watching a gaggle of Swiss Air flight attendants all dressed in scarlet uniforms strutting to their next flight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until we get another post of Amy & Dave waiting at the Frankfurt airport for their flight to Almaty ;)

Wishing you safe and pleasant travels ... to your son!

Shannon