Thursday, April 12, 2007
Hello from Uralsk, Kazakhstan!!! We are here! After travelling for 22 hrs. over 8,000 miles (or 13,500 kilometers) we are here. Access to the internet has been a minor challenge - this coupled with jet lag, meetings, flights, catching up on sleep - did I mention jet lag? we have contacted the rest of the world. Please forgive me if I happen to repeat myself - we're feeling the effects from a little jet lag. We are adjusting however and hope to post something more poignant later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all who have left comments so far - it is a welcome sight to receive your well wishes. I have attempted to post a photo of us in our hotel room in Almaty however the dial-up connection is too slow in our apt. so text only. We were finally able to relax a bit and settle down for a few hours. Almaty is a fascinating city, surrounded on the south eastern side by snow-capped mountain peaks. Truly an incredible sight to wake up to after arriving late in the evening. We will post again soon. I feel this stong urge to describe our journey up to this point with great poignancy but am somewhat handicapped by the need to sleep. My brain sees and feels all of the different experiences so far but I am still quite slow to capture ideas quickly and easily. I will do my best to share our experiences with everyone soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Amos and Dave,
I want to very poignantly tell you how glad I am (relieved)to hear from you..not that I was worried...
Sal called this am with news of your phone call I am going to figure out how to call you..always thinking of you three love Eileen
Hi guys,
WE were so glad to hear your voice this morning,
regardless of the time. Try and get some sleep and rest up!! We are all very excited and anxious to hear everything.It really is happening!! You are in our prayers, God's peace and sleep!!
Sally
Hi,
Glad to hear you made it there safe. Can't wait to hear more news.
Wishing you guys the best of luck.
Jan and Joe
Great to hear that you're finally where you need to be. Better find something more than dial-up - we will all want to see your first family photo with Joshua!
xoxo - Aunt Linda & Uncle Vic
I'm so glad to hear you guys have made it safe and sound. The rough long part of the journey is complete for a while, although the effects of jet lag may linger for a little bit.
Mr. OJ sends his love! He misses you an awful lot, but no worries we're having a good time. We're watching plenty of tv together, chasing string and "chatting". :]
Well can't wait to hear more...
Dara
Post a Comment