Monday, April 30, 2007

I finally found them!!!




Top: On our way home from the baby house - Joshua was a trooper; Middle: Our family; Bottom: Sleeping with Oma's blanket.

April 30, 2007

“I finally found them!!!” This is what Joshua Roman David Lundberg is saying today about his new parents Amy & Dave Lundberg or as he calls them: Mama & Papa.

It’s late (10pm our time) and we just were able to put Joshua down. Everything has been amazing today. From court, to signing the official registry at the department of records, to picking up Joshua from the baby house, to bringing him home to our apartment, this has been the best day of all. Today we finally have our son and he has us – forever.

Our hearing in the judge’s office was a little nerve wracking but both of us did what we were supposed to do almost flawlessly. The judge granted us the adoption of Joshua and also granted immediate execution of our custody. The hearing began at 10:30 and lasted about 20 minutes. It wasn’t until 2:30 this afternoon that we were able to go to the baby house and bring home our son. It was an emotional time at the BH as many of the caregivers, doctors and director said goodbye to Roman. They wished us blessed and happy lives and made us promise to send photos as he grows older – we gladly committed to this promise. We made it home by about 3:30 - 4:00 this afternoon as Ol’ga and Vladimir drove us from the baby house to our apartment one last time. Ol’ga saw us to the door, wished us a wonderful life and we all hugged and said goodbye for the day. We will still see Ol’ga and Vladimir this week as we continue to shop etc. but this particular goodbye this afternoon had a completely different meaning. It was final – we have our son.

Late this afternoon we played as a family in the middle of the living room and all of us felt contented immediately. As Joshua smiled when we played peek-a-boo and shook his favorite rattles he has come to enjoy over the last 2 ½ weeks his eyes said to us, “I’m not looking back – I’m happy I’m here with you.” Amy was able to rock him to sleep at about 5:30pm and he crashed hard for almost 2 hours. Mama and Papa took this chance to nap as well. Joshua lay in his crib benefiting from a well-earned sleep near our bed and we napped anxiously (more like lay in bed watching him sleep, then put our heads back and listened to him breathe). Joshua awoke to us shuffling about the apartment around 7pm and Amy fed him his bottle of formula (we were both relieved that he was more than happy to drink from this western baby bottle which was a bit different from the bottles he was used to) – he has a healthy appetite. Then we gave him a little applesauce while we ate dinner – he seemed to enjoy eating from his cool new walker. He went down a bit later than he is used to but I suppose we all have some getting used to.

We are going to bed now, finally as a family. (by the way – we have hot water)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Lundberg Family!

Yahoo - yipee - hooray! We are so happy that this day has come for you and for Joshua, and that all has gone very well. You are so smart to sleep when he sleeps. We can't wait to meet Joshua!

Love,
Aunt Linda & Uncle Victor
p.s. As Dave would say "A good time was had by all!"

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news and I imagine you are absolutely beside yourselves. Joshua doesn't have any idea how lucky he is, but he'll learn that soon enough. Enjoy every moment to the fullest and have a safe trip home.

Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw the picture of you as a family - finally, officially, forever - tears came to my eyes and a huge feeling of joy filled my heart!

I am so, so, so happy for you! It ALL makes sense now doesn't it?! This little boy was so meant to be yours all along.

Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your stay; Bob, Owen and I are waiting anxiously to welcome you home!

Love
Jodi,

Tom Sakell said...

I am crying like a big baby. We've lost 5 of 6 to the damn Red Sox.

Hooray Roman. Hooray Joshua. Come home soon.

-- Derek

Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh, Oh,.....I've been waiting for this story all day, all week, all month, all year, forever. We're so very happy for you all. Love and hugs,
Great Judy

Tom Sakell said...

Anybody need a nanny? I may be looking for work soon.

-- Joe Torre

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy for you guys. This is wonderful news. What a wonderful, wonderful day.

Love, auntie Joyce

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amy,Dave and Joshua!!!!!

Your blog entry for today brings back memories of the day we got the news that Jodi and Bob were granted their adoption of Owen. I am so happy for you and look forward to meeting the three of you when you return.

Owen's Nana

Anonymous said...

Amy and Dave,
Congratulations!!! I am all choked up reading your blog.
How amazing this must be for you to finally have him with you full time!
You all look so happy and are going to be wonderful parents!
I showed the pictures to Braden and Evan and they kept saying...."that's josh-a"
See you all soon,
Linda

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for you. It was so great talking to you on the phone the other day. Seeing the pictures of the family together makes it real. We can't wait to meet Joshua.

Love Pop and Vicki

Anonymous said...

Pop, Vicki and I all had tears in our eyes reading today's news. Hooray! Joshua is so blessed to have you both. I love you and am thinking about you.

Erin

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!! I've been reading and waiting for these pictures, not that your other posts haven't been entertaining, but you know, pics of the babe, your son, take the prize! ;) CONGRATS to an official mama and daddy. How cool is that? Maybe I can meet him sometime. He's gonna need to learn the ropes from Braden & Evan! Looking forward to more Kaz stories and pics, Calissa

p.s. LOVE his little baldy head!

TB said...

What a wonderful little package. I wish you the very best!
Twila

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a fantastic culmination of your adventure! We've been keeping tabs on all the developments, and feel privileged to have been able to "take part." The best is yet to come, and we are thrilled that things are finally official. Little Joshua is truely blessed to have such loving parents, and we're sure the rewards for you will be unfathomable. Congratulations!!!

Love,
Merel and Lew Kozlosky

Anonymous said...

A beautiful day- what blessings there are to come for the Lundbergs. Relax and enjoy and have fun. Soak in all of Kazakhstan because you'll soon be home!!
Love Sally and Mark

Anonymous said...

I am here in Tampa, FL, with my daughter and grandson, Jack. We all say a great big "Hello" to Joshua. Especially Jack who is clutching his little fist in the "hi, hi" "bye, bye" sign. Soon you will have the blessing of this little love message to go along with the rest.
Congratulations on your new family!
Coralyn, Stephanie & Jack

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. What an amazing day and what a beautiful family you guys are.

Love, Jenny and Derrick