Friday, May 4, 2007

Almaty in the spring time

What a beautiful city and what a beautiful child. We made it to Almaty, Kazakhstan and everyone is terrific. Joshua was such a good boy today. He did great on the flight (Mama planned very well) and even napped. The upgrade to business class was worth its weight in gold. Joshua is sleeping now after missing two naps this afternoon. We arrived and had to get photos taken for the embassy, take care of some business at adoption HQ, then Joshua had his vital stats taken, a blood sample and a medical check up from the head doc. He passed with flying colors. Everyone at the doctor's office was impressed with his demeanor and patience especially with so little rest and all of the travel today. Amy and I are truly blessed.

Our team in Uralsk accompanied us to the airport this morning and waited until the last minute for us to go through security. It was an emotional goodbye and we will never forget our friends from Uralsk, Kazakhstan - they touched our lives and provided us with professional and emotional support throughout.

We will post again tomorrow morning our time (I know, I know - you've heard that before) and I will close for tonight 'cause we're chillin'. By the way it is one hour later in Almaty.

Good night and god bless. Da zaftra.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Almaty just north of Philadelphia? I am glad to see you are on the home stretch. We look forward to your return. Both to see the baby and get back to work!

Mike

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Joshua's first flight went so smoothly. Will look forward to hearing more from you all tomorrow. Can't wait for next Wednesday!

Love,
Linda & Victor

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you guys! Welcome home!Lauren

Anonymous said...

Your home is ready and waiting!!!! So happy that it was an easy trip for you three. Of course the Doctor's were impressed!
See you Wednesday!!
Sally
PS - OJ was talking up a storm, following Eileen and I around the house.