Thursday, May 10, 2007

But I don't wanna' sleep



Top: Arrival at IAD (Dulles); Middle: Pulling in the driveway (thanks Jenny T & Ava!); Bottom: Joshua showing off his cool Kazakh passport to Aunt Sally and Mama

"I wanted to enjoy every minute of this flight to the good old US of A so I wasn't going to sleep a second" says Joshua after 24 hours of travelling and only sleeping for a cumulative 2 hours. Everyone was beat and grateful to be home. More tomorrow - thanks again for your patience.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! So glad to hear that you arrived safe and sound and, of course, exhausted. When you can, I'd love to hear the Prequel story -- how you decided on Kazahkstan, how you got matched with Joshua, etc -- and I look forward to reading the Sequel to "Travels with Joshua" which is, well, Life! Conor and Greta are all excited to meet their newest cousin (Conor said something along the lines of, "another cousin to show the ropes to!"), as are Guy and I, and so perhaps we can engineer a trip down sometime this summer. Lots of love, Kim (& Guy & Conor & Greta & the animals)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Amy, the look on your face in the "Dulles" picture says it all to those of us who have been on the same journey! I am so happy for you all to be finally be home and can't wait to meet Joshua in person!
Jodi

Cari&Wayne's Adventures said...

Glad to hear that you guys made it home. Sorry that Joshua didn't sleep much on the flight. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures now that you're home. Cari, Wayne, & Bryce

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Amy- Happy Mother's Day. I know, you will really enjoy this Mother's Day. Try to get some sleep and enjoy some good old american cooking.

Best Wish,
Jan and Joe

Anonymous said...

Amy - I hope you had a wonderful mother's day yesterday. It sounded like Dave had a great time shopping for a mother's day card for you. We cannot wait to meet baby Joshua and welcome him and the two of you home.

Diana (Michael, Christian and Andrew)