Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So, now we begin to officially share our journey with the world! We've been on this road to Kazakhstan, and finding our child, for over a year. Most of the adventure so far has been filling out paperwork, getting that paperwork notarized, certified and apostilled, and getting fingerprinted a bunch of times! But, as we are getting closer to hearing about a child and travel dates, we thought it would be a good time to start documenting our experiences. So for today, our first posting, not much to report, other than that we're still waiting. The "new" room is coming along nicely, with crib and changing table ready to go. Most importantly, we've got a constant stream of love and support from family and friends to help keep us sane, and talk us through the tough times. And many helping hands...sewing, knitting, quilting, planning and praying. We love you all dearly, and can't wait for our new one to be welcomed by you all.

15 comments:

jct said...

That's so cool. We are so excited for you all. When do you find out about your baby?

Anonymous said...

The blog looks great. love the paperwork pic!

Unknown said...

I'm ready to spend my one on one time with the OJ man! See ya Saturday- Lauren

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you guys, and take some time now for yourselves, 'cause it'll sure be a scarce commodity once #3 arrives, I expect.
Alex

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news, and it couldn't happen to a nicer couple. You'll make great parents, the kind we need more of! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers as the wheels of bureaucracy grind onwards. Love, Kim, Guy, Conor, & Greta.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited!
Great Judy

Anonymous said...

What great news to receive, folks - allow us to add our congratulations as well! I especially second the comments of Kim and Guy - you two are the kind of people we desperately need as parents!

Keep us all posted, and we'll be sending positive vibes eastward towards you and your soon-to-be family!

Rich and Celeste

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I'm Linda and Mark's babysitter.... she emailed me your blog since I'm a "blogger" and would love to follow your journey. On my own blog, I write about the boys (Braden and Evan) occasionally. So if you check, you might see their sweet faces. The last one I wrote about them was on Jan 25. Linda loves when I gush about her guys, but how could I not? They're such a precious part of my life.

Anyway, I am very excited to follow along in your adoption process. I've personally had a heart for adoption since I was a little girl, so I definitely hope to go through the same process someday in my own life. It overjoys me to see babies find their homes.... and to see parents-at-heart become parents in real life. So exciting. Lots of love to your family.

Anonymous said...

We are delighted for you and wish you the best of luck as you undertake this journey, both literally and figuratively. What wonderful news! We look forward to hearing more about your addition, etc., etc., and to welcoming her/him.

Sandy and Dick

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy and David –

First of all congratulations – what a wonderful journey on which you are embarking. I cannot imagine trying to find a child to be ours, let alone find that child half the world away. So I admire your courage, if that is the right word, and even more, I admire your ability to persist on what must be an incredibly difficult venture. Sharon and I wish you the best of luck and Godspeed. You are amazing!!!! We will look forward to your updates and will be proud of your success. I checked your blog, but I don’t quite know the protocol of how to ‘work’ that. But it did save me a trip to our atlas to find out exactly where Kazakhstan is. We are with you all the way and will help/support as you let us know of your needs.

With love and support,

Sharon and Bill

Anonymous said...

Dave and Amy!

Congratulations! We are really excited for you! The paperwork will be worth it !

Advice: Get your sleep now! Soon you will know the diaper section as well as we do!

Gift: Free babysitting for your once a month mandatory couples night out!

Love you both Tom and Kitty
Sean, Keith and Dana

Anonymous said...

What great news! We are so excited for you! Our prayers are with you both, your new little one (whoever he or she may be) and the whole process. May God bless your "journey", now and always! Lisa, Doug, Jessi & Maddy

Anonymous said...

WOW Dave and Amy! Congratulations!!!

We wish you the best on this exciting adventure, and hope all goes as smoothly as possible. The traveling alone will be exciting, not to mention what the future
holds! You two will make great parents.

Congrats again,
Sincerely, Lew and Merel

Anonymous said...

Amy & Dave, This is very exciting! Thank you for sharing your journey with us all. Just like Christmas in many ways - the anticipation (so much a part of the gift) of the surprises under the tree on Christmas morn - celebrating the babe that was born! We wish you the best. Much love, Anne & Denny

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us about why you chose Kazakhstan? Just wondering since it's a country not often mentioned. And since children in need of homes are EVERYwhere, I think it's great you've chosen such a unique place. What drew you there?